come light up the stage at ignite23
“IGNITE has become a tradition for our dancers and we wouldn’t miss another chance to perform. We love this event and how it brings a community of schools and companies together and we always feel so proud and honoured to share that space and stage with others.” Miss S
Apply now to perform in Ignite.
Groups of 10 or more are invited to shine on the VDF stage in a stunning and diverse display of Australian dance talent. Open to dance companies, dance studios and dance troupes of all dance styles.
*Either Sat Apr 15 or Sun Apr 16
for ignite @ vdf
We invite dance schools, troupes and companies to perform in IGNITE from VDF. In order to be eligible to perform fill out the application below. Applications close Feb 10, 2023.
To be eligible to perform in ON STAGE WITH VDF the group must:
1. Have a minimum of 10 dancers performing. All dancers must be VDF participants with a VDF weekend ticket. If you'd like to make a group booking and receive the discounted group booking rate, please contact us at email@example.com
2. All studio/company performances are subject to approval from the festival directors.
3. All members of the studio/group including owners, staff, students and all associated members of the public should behave in a cooperative and respectful manner at all times during the festival. Any breaches of this policy including and not limited to appropriate behavioural conduct may result in removal of the group performance. This decision will be made at the discretion of the festival directors.
4. Groups must complete all questions on the below registration form in full. Applications will not be accepted with any unclear information (for example TBC). Applicants must be clear about the style of their performance on submitting it. This will include details of studio, performers and performance technical elements and prop/set pieces in advance of the show. VDF will endeavour to meet all lighting, sound and other live production elements where possible but studio owners and teachers understand that this may not be possible due to the limitations of the venue and/or timing.
5. VDF will endeavour to allocate rehearsal time on the stage for all groups performing. Any schedules for rehearsal times and/or performances are subject to change.
6. VDF will allocate a space for performers to get into costume. Each studio must have a minimum of one adult chaperone/ adult supervisor for performers with a current WWCC. (Does not include ticket into the audience).
7. Performance music can be a maximum of 3 minutes in length, and needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. This music must be in mp3 format and edited where necessary. VDF will not do any editing on your behalf.
8. Any groups that miss deadlines will face losing their place in the gala.
9. IGNITE from VDF is a ticketed event. Tickets will be on sale early 2023. Performing dancers do not need a ticket, but family/friends wishing to watch the performance will.