VDF IS A CELEBRATION OF DANCE AND COMMUNITY.
COME DANCE WITH US!
FESTIVAL DATES AND TIMES
9am - 5pm
FRIDAY APR 22
WORKSHOPS & MARKET
SATURDAY & SUNDAY APR 23 & 24
9am - 5pm
April 24, 7:30pm
FESTIVAL - Doors will open at 8:15am for a 9:00am start. All attendees must have their printed ticket on hand. All attendees will be given a wristband.
TEACHER DAY - Doors will open at 8:30am for a 9:00am start. All attendees must have their printed ticket on hand.
IGNITE Showcase - Doors will open at 7:00pm for a 7:30pm start. All attendees must have their printed ticket on hand.
VDF will adhere to the Covid restrictions and vaccination requirements at the time of the event. These requirements change regularly, so check for updates closer to the event.
\\TICKET AVAILABILITY ON SITE
Tickets will be available for purchase at the door, unless sold out prior.
Do you have a large group of 10 or more? We can provide you with a Group Booking Discount! Just email email@example.com.
\\DANCE MARKET ENTRY / PARENT PASSES
Entry to the Dance Market and all Dance Halls is free for all those with a valid Festival Pass - it is included in the ticket.
For those who want to visit the Dance Market or Parents/Chaperones who want to watch, a $15 entry ticket can be purchased. Children under 3 are free.
Tickets to the showcase are separate to the Festival or Teacher Day passes. They can be purchased here.
Each attendee will be given a Wristband to wear for the entirety of the Festival. Lost or broken wristbands will not be replaced.
FESTIVAL - There will be a variety of Food Trucks and a Coffee Truck available. However, feel free to bring your own packed lunch. And don't forget your water bottle to keep hydrated. Please avoid bringing nuts to protect those with allergies.
TEACHER DAY - A fully catered Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Beverages will be provided.
This is an All Weather Event. No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend due to change in circumstance.
Please bring all your dance shoes for varied styles of dance. Bring jumpers and cover-ups as it may be cool outside when visiting the Dance Market and Food Trucks. Make sure to bring any required medications and water to keep hydrated. Feel free to bring a packed lunch or purchase food from the Food Trucks. You may want to bring a change of clothes as things get pretty sweaty, deodorant and a towel. And don't forget your camera to take lots of photos.
\\DO I HAVE TO JOIN IN EVERY CLASS?
No. If you need a break, feel free to wander the Dance Market or sit down and take a rest. There will be back-to-back classes, with one break for lunch. You can choose to do as much or as little as you wish.
\\TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your ticket is sold by Dance Events Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 77 617 039 924), who is responsible for the Event. The following conditions are both of sale (including any resale or subsequent assignment), entry and attendance at the Event.
1. 'You' and 'your' refers to the customer. 'We', 'us', 'our', 'VDF' and 'Event organiser' refers to Dance Events Australia Pty Ltd. its employees, contractors, volunteers and authorized persons. This agreement means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by us on our website and booking forms.
2. All bookings and ticket purchases are non-transferable and may not be sold or transferred by you. Conditions Apply.
3. NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE ON ANY TICKET will be given or service fee except in accordance with the applicable Live Performance Australia code of practice for Event Ticketing www.liveperformance.com.au . This is an all weather event. No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend due to change in circumstance.
4. We reserve the right to charge a fee for the replacement of lost, destroyed or stolen tickets. Please treat your ticket as you would money or other valuables.
5. There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of the Event.
Artists and Venue
6. We reserve the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
7. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the Event for any reason. In the event of the cancellation in advance of the Event, we will provide a refund less an amount to cover the cost of ticketing.
8. We reserve the right at any time, to change the venue of the Event. In the event of a change in venue, we will publish details on the VDF dance festival website.
9. The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the Event organiser and the venue's terms of admission, copies of which are available online and from VDF website on request.
10. Wristbands will be attached at registration and must be worn at all times for the duration of the Event.
11. If entering the Event as an adult ID to prove legal age must be shown at the Festival entrance, if required or on demand. Including Health Care Cards, and student cards.
12. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased through an authorized point of sale. Do not share your ticket wrist band, it may prevent entry.
Audio and Visual
13. Audio or visual recordings of the Event are prohibited. Still cameras are permitted but images may only be used for private purposes and not public display. By attending the Event, you consent to being included in any film, photographic and/or sound recordings of the Event that may take place and agree for these recordings/photographs to be used by the Event organiser.
14. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with the Event or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this Event. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty will be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
15. Admission is at the ticket holders own risk. You acknowledge that neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the Event by you or your invitees.
16. You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the Event by you or your invitees.
17. You must ensure that you and your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the Event. We may refuse entry or evict you or any of your invitees if they are behaving in an inappropriate manner, towards any person.
18. In order to purchase your ticket, we may need to collect and keep personal information about you including your name, address, credit card or payment details, telephone number and the names of all ticket allocations. We may also need to disclose your personal information as required by law or as permitted under the Privacy Act.
19. Trading signs or other signs are not permitted without prior consent of the Australian Creative Arts Initiative Inc. No ticket holder shall be entitled to do any trading without the written consent of the Event organizers.
20. Tickets cannot be used as part of any marketing, media or sales promotion whether commercial or non-commercial without prior written consent of the Event organizers.
21. Footwear must be worn at all times on the site.
22. Animals are not permitted, except in accordance with legislation.
23. Some ticket types may require adherence to specific guidelines that are published on the Event website from time to time. You must ensure that you meet such guidelines.
24. Any breach of any of these terms and conditions will entitle the Event organizers to evict the ticket holder from the venue and confiscate any ticket or wristband, without refund.
Environment and Community
25. Dance Events Australia Pty Ltd. cares for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the recycle or other bins provided around the venue. Be waste and water wise - thank you.
26. Please respect Melbourne and neighbours and do not create excessive noise or litter while travelling to and from the Event.