THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SHINE AGAIN
THIS APRIL SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
WHAT IS IGNITE?
Ignite will be a chance to reignite the dance industry after the tough year of 2020. An evening of stellar performances from dance companies, groups and studios from all over Victoria.
A celebration with and for the dance community!
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
We invite Victorian based dance schools, troupes and companies to perform at IGNITE. We so wish our whole Australian dance family could join us, but to avoid disappointment and much stress from the uncertainty of border closures, we will only be accepting Victorian based groups for IGNITE.
There is no cost to perform, this is our gift to the industry, as so many dancers never had a chance to perform live last year.
In order to be eligible to perform fill out the application below. Applications close March 2nd, 2020.
To be eligible to participate in IGNITE the group must:
1. Have a minimum of 10 dancers performing.
2. All studio/company performances are subject to approval from the festival directors.
3. All members of the studio/group including owners, staff, students and all associated members of the public should behave in a cooperative and respectful manner at all times during the festival, adhering to all COVID Safe requirements and government restrictions. Any breaches of this policy including and not limited to appropriate behavioural conduct may result in removal of the group performance. This decision will be made at the discretion of the festival directors.
4. Groups must complete all questions on the below registration form in full. Applications will not be accepted with any unclear information (for example TBC). Applicants must be clear about the style of their
performance on submitting it. This will include details of studio, performers and performance technical elements and prop/set pieces in advance of the show. VDF will endeavour to meet all lighting, sound
and other live production elements where possible but studio owners and teachers understand that this may not be possible due to the limitations of the venue and/or timing.
5. VDF will endeavour to allocate rehearsal time on the stage for all groups performing. Any schedules for rehearsal times and/or performances are subject to change.
6. VDF will allocate a space for performers to get into costume in a COVID Safe environment. Each studio must have a minimum of one adult chaperone/ adult supervisor for performers. (Does not include ticket into the audience).
7. Performance music can be a maximum of 3 minutes in length, and needs to be emailed to no later than March 15, 2021. This music must be in mp3 format and edited where necessary. VDF will not do any editing on your behalf.
8. Studio’s must be fully checked in by no later than 5.30pm on the day of the performance.
10. Any groups that miss deadlines will face losing their place in the gala.
11. IGNITE is a ticketed event. Tickets will be on sale in February. Performing dancers do not need a ticket, but family/friends wishing to watch the performance will.