ON STAGE WITH VDF
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SHINE
SAT, APRIL 4
"On Stage with VDF" is Melbourne's boldest dance showcase - giving dancers from all across Australia and the world the moment to shine.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
We invite dance schools, troupes and companies to perform at VDF 2020 in the On Stage with VDF Showcase. This event is always the highlight of the Festival weekend!
In order to be eligible to perform fill out the application below. Applications close February 2nd, 2020.
To be eligible to participate in the VDF 2020 Showcase the group must:
1. Have a minimum of 10 students performing. The performers representing your studio must have a full weekend workshop pass to the festival (group booking discounts are available. Please email to organise your group booking and free chaperone passes).
2. All studio performances in the showcase are subject to approval from the festival directors.
3. All members of the studio/group including owners, staff, students and all associated members of the public should behave in a cooperative and respectful manner at all times during the festival. Any breaches of this policy including and not limited to appropriate behavioural conduct may result in removal of the group performance. This decision will be made at the discretion of the festival directors.
4. Groups must complete all questions on the below registration form in full. Applications will not be accepted with any unclear information (for example TBC). Applicants must be clear about the style of their
performance on submitting it. This will include details of studio, performers and performance technical elements and prop/set pieces in advance of the festival. VDF will endeavour to meet all lighting, sound
and other live production elements where possible but studio owners and teachers understand that this may not be possible due to the limitations of the venue and/or timing.
5. VDF will endeavour to allocate rehearsal time on the stage for all groups performing. Any schedules for rehearsal times and/or performances are subject to change.
6. VDF will allocate a space for performers to get into costume.
Each studio must have a minimum of one adult chaperone/ adult supervisor for performers. (Does not include ticket into the audience).
7. Showcase performance music can be a maximum of 3 minutes in length, and needs to be emailed to no later than Feb 20, 2020. This music must be in mp3 format and edited where necessary. VDF will not do any editing on your behalf.
8. Studio’s must be fully checked in by no later than 5.30pm on the day of the performance.
10. Any special requirements on the day of the festival must be advised to the Teacher Liaison prior to the festival. The VDF Team will endeavour to make arrangements for any special requirements.
11. Any groups that miss deadlines will face losing their place in the showcase.
12. The On Stage with VDF Showcase is a separately ticketed event. Tickets will be on sale in January. Performing dancers do not need a ticket, but family/friends wishing to watch the performance will.